The mission statement of Bogazici University School of Engineering is as follows:
The mission of the Bogazici University School of Engineering is to educate
individuals for careers of leadership and innovation in industry, government
and educational institutions; to expand the engineering knowledge base through
original research; to contribute through professional services towards more
prosperous and sustainable society.
In light of the above mission statement, Department of Computer Engineering
has established the following mission for itself:
Department of Computer Engineering Mission Statement
The mission of the Computer Engineering program is to graduate economically,
socially and ethically conscious engineers that are equipped with the necessary
analytical, mathematical, decision-making, computing, communication, teamwork
and leadership skills that they can use to creatively design, implement, manage,
maintain and improve a wide spectrum of computer hardware, software and information
systems in the modern society.
Additionally, the program educational objectives of our department has been established as follows:
Department of Computer Engineering graduates will
- Pursue the practice of computer engineering in various industrial sectors not only at the national but also at the international level.
- Pursue advanced studies and engage in research activities in world-class institutions.
- Pursue a life-long career of personal and professional growth in the rapidly changing computing world with ethical consciousness and global awareness.
- Be able to assume innovator, executive, leadership, and entrepreneurial roles in their careers.
List of Computer Engineering Program Outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- knowledge of probability and statistics, including applications appropriate to computer engineering.
- knowledge of mathematics through differential and integral calculus and basic sciences
- knowledge of computer science and engineering sciences necessary to analyze and design electrical and electronic devices, software and systems containing hardware and software components appropriate to computer engineering.
- knowledge of discrete mathematics
- knowledge of numerical mathematics and system simulation
Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Bilgisayar Mühendisliği lisans programı ABET Komisyonu tarafından akredite edilmiştir. ( http://www.abet.org